RiskEase is a Microsoft Excel™ add-in program that provides risk analysis to spreadsheet models. RiskEase is useful in dealing with uncertainty in forecasting models or any other quantitative models in which some data values are uncertain. RiskEase can have many applications such as in project appraisal, marketing forecasts, business planning, econometrics, financial budgeting, project management and in many other fields in which variables and their relationships are modelled. RiskEase allows for the easy stipulation of probability distributions which encompass the uncertainty of the risk variables in such financial models and to simulate how the future main unfold by generating a number of scenarios based on those assumptions. The whole process thus facilitates and enhances the decision-making process. The decision is therefore taken while taking into consideration the impact of uncertainty.
- The current release is RiskEase Total Edition, which is fully compatible with Excel versions 2007 to 2016
- Latest version is RiskEase 5.0 for Windows
- To order this product, please visit our store
- For educational pricing or site licenses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download a demo of RiskEase (3.0 MB),Free – DOWNLOAD DEMO (simple registration required)
Click on the following link to view the RiskEase demonstration online (setup duration 10-20 minutes).
RiskEase is a state of the art risk analysis program, which was originally developed under the name “RiskMaster for DOS” and “RiskMaster for Windows” for the Harvard University Program in Investment Appraisal and Management and has been used since 1987 by many reputable institutions around the world as part of their training courses in cost-benefit analysis. RiskEase builds upon the successful design of its predecessors and adds a host of new features that enhance both functionality and ease of use. Some of these are:
- Easy to use point-and-click interface.
- Complete sensitivity analysis module.
- Powerful user interface for editing probability distributions with instant real-time display.
- Ability to bend, truncate and apply correlation conditions to probability distributions.
- Capability to fit probability distributions to user provided data.
- Probability distribution library.
- Optimization within simulation.
- Enhanced analysis module capable of comparing multiple simulation results.
- Ability to use the software in “real options” situations.
Built-in report generator enabling the generation of professional reports.
- Many other features such as the use of default distributions, new chart formatting options
Annotation features and context sensitive on-line help. The online user manual gives details of all the commands and functions available. A paper describing the theory of risk analysis is appended to the manual. RiskEase requires a Windows computer running Microsoft Office Excel 2010-2019 on Windows 7, 8 or 10.